Blossom Development and Maynooth University Programme in Professional Mediation Training Course Autumn and Winter 2022
This programme is run over eight full days and four evenings where the final day is a competency assessment. It is accredited by the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland (MII), and is facilitated by Catherine O’Connell. The course incorporates knowledge and theories of mediation and conflict whilst being highly interactive. It intensively builds skills and knowledge of a generic mediation process suitable for people who wish to become mediators or who wish to be able to use mediation skills in their work and lives. It includes four zoom classes from October to December and seven full days in-person at Maynooth University. Participants learn about conflict theory and principles underpinning mediation practice along with developing skills that will help them help others to manage conflicts and dilemmas. Completion of course work and successful completion of a competency assessment (on day 8) at the end of the course awards participants with a Certificate of Competency approved by the Mediator's Institute of Ireland. Successful candidates may then apply to register with the MII as a Certified Mediator eligible to practice. The cost for the programme is €2,300 and includes competency assessment fee and refreshments. This course is in two phases: Phase one requires application through Maynooth University at https://v2.pac.ie/institute/19 PAC CODE: MMC17 and incorporates classes from Octoer to November. Payment is €1,950.
Phase 2 includes training in December and includes competency assessment and applicaton is through Blossom Development. Payment is €350.00 https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/law/micro-credential-mediation
Course Aim: To equip participants with the knowledge, skills, attitude and awareness required to intervene positively and/or mediate with people experiencing conflict and difficulties in a variety of situations. It is suitable for leaders, managers, HR consultants and employees along with those wishing to specialise in conflict intervention and communication.
The objectives (learning outcomes) of the programme are:
- To understand the requirements of mediators pertaining to the Mediation Act 2017 and the Code of Ethics and Practice for Mediators
- Participants learn and understand the theory of conflict and the importance of a trauma informed approach
- To develop understanding of how conflict happens, escalates and impacts people and organisations.
- To develop awareness of conflict styles and facilitate skill development so that participants can expand their repertoire of conflict behaviours to suit the contexts they find themselves in.
- To attain a good knowledge of core mediation concepts, theories, models, processes, and principles.
- To develop participants’ mediation skills to the level of competency as per MII certified assessment requirements.
- To raise participants’ awareness of how their own triggers and biases can impact the mediation process and to facilitate ways of managing them.
- To learn how to create an environment of trust, rapport and empowerment when facilitating people in conflict.
- To write mediation agreements and to create informed consent forms (Agreements to mediate)that participants sign
Dates: and Times:
Saturdays 1st and 15th of October, 5th and 19th of November, 3rd and 10th of December along with Friday 16th December.
Online classes are on Tuesday evenings 4th and 25th October, 15th and 29th November from 6pm to 8.30pm
Competency Assessment: Saturday 17th December
Maximum 12 participants on this programme.
Venue: Maynooth University and online
Contact email@example.com or phone 0879936237 or submit an inquiry here