Certificate in Professional Mediation Training Course
This programme, accredited by the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland (MII), is facilitated by Catherine O’Connell of Blossom Development. The course is run over eight full days (four Thursdays and Fridays 9.30am to 5pm) along with four Zoom classes in September and October. The final day is a competency assessment and successful candidates may apply to register with the MII as a Certified Mediator eligible to practice.
Course Aim: To equip participants with the knowledge, skills, attitude and awareness required to intervene positively and/or mediate with people experiencing conflict and difficulties in a variety of situations. It is suitable for leaders, managers, HR consultants and employees along with those wishing to specialise in conflict intervention and communication.
- To develop participants understanding of how conflict happens, escalates and impacts people and organisations.
- To develop awareness of conflict styles and facilitate skill development so that participants can expand their repertoire of conflict behaviours to suit the contexts they find themselves in.
- To attain a good understanding of core mediation concepts, theories, models, processes, and principles.
- To develop participants’ mediation skills to the level of competency as laid down in MII certified assessment requirements.
- To raise participants’ awareness of how their own triggers and biases can impact the mediation process and to facilitate ways of managing them.
- To learn how to create an environment of trust, rapport and empowerment when facilitating people in conflict.
Cost: €1,950.00 per person including assessment fee and materials*
Dates: Thursday and Friday 1st, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd October
Times: 9.30am to 5pm each day plus 4 zoom meetings (dates and times to be agreed)
Thursday and Friday 1st, 2nd, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd October 9.30am-5pm
Venue 42 Aughrim Street, Stoneybatter, D7. Eircode: D07X3Y4
Parking Permits, Teas and Coffees provided: Participants are asked to bring own packed lunches for safety reasons
*Participants are also asked to purchase ‘The Mediator’s Handbook’ Beer & Steif
To confirm a place before paying please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0879936237 Address 42 Aughrim Street Stoneybatter D07X3Y4
E Pay Blossom Development: Bank of Ireland, Phibsboro; Account 82126431;
sort code 90 06 23. Bic BOFIIE2DXXX: IBAN IE04BOFI90062382126431: Ref: Mediation20